The objective of the Sustainability Committee is to:
- Establish, monitor, manage and coordinate the sustainable development strategy of the Company;
- Develop and increase stakeholder awareness of the need and benefit of sustainable behavior and initiates change and continuous improvements;
- Identify and assess together with the line of management, the significant economic, environmental and social to ensure the Company remain as a leading responsible company in the industry; and
- Provide suitable steps and appropriate information and controls to identify economic, environment and social risk to ensure the company business is conducted in responsible manner.
The Sustainability Committee should comprise of three Directors, assisted by the Company Secretary who shall also act as the Secretary of the Committee.
The Committee shall meet at least twice a year. Additional meetings shall be scheduled as considered necessary by the Committee or Chairperson. The Committee may establish any procedures from time to time to govern its meetings, keeping of minutes and its administration.
The agenda for each meeting shall be circulated at least five days before each meeting to the Committee members and all those who are required to attend the meeting. Written materials including information requested by the Committee from management shall be received together with the agenda for the meetings.
Circular Resolutions signed by all the members shall be valid and effective as if it had been passed at a meeting of the Sustainability Committee.
The Chairperson of the Committee shall be available to answer questions about the Committee’s work at the Annual General Meeting of the Company.
SCOPE OF ACTIVITIES
The duties of the Sustainability Committee are as follows:
- To manage sustainability matters in the organisations;
- To review and approve the sustainability strategy framework recommended by Sustainable Reporting Executive ("SR EXCO");
- To oversee management and advise the Board regarding to Sustainability matter;
- To review and evaluate the effectiveness and competence of the Sustainability strategy framework; and
- To review the half yearly and annual sustainability report, prior to the approval from the Board.